- For me it’s all about location when choosing a city hotel and Hotel Hive hits all the right criteria buttons. Great location for major sightseeing, not far from Foggy Bottom Metro station, within easy walking distance to Georgetown, the White House, Smithsonian Museums and Capitol Hill.
- David gave us a great welcome at reception much needed after a long haul flight. He reminded us that it was DC’s first macro hotel, gave us a map and highlighted places of note, told us where to find restaurants and answered our questions.
- The hotel operates an environmentally friendly practice in that it doesn’t change sheets during your stay unless you request, has refillable toiletries and only changes towels if you leave them on the floor.
- Has really friendly barmen, I met Leroy and and Dylan who introduced me to Green Hat Gin thank you kindly, it was hit!
Loved the urban gritty decor, exposed bricks in rooms and lift shaft, trendy bar and reception area.
- The onsite &Pizza food was amazing, I’m not actually a lover of pizza but I loved the breakfast pizza….yes I said breakfast pizza!…..and the Gnarlic. Liked the unusual pizza rectangle shape, the fact that it was already cut made eating easy.
- Coffee was strong and very welcome of a morning.
- Metro cards available at reception.
- Loved the Walk in the woods fragrance as we entered.
- Reception are happy to store luggage if like us you have a late evening flight, check out is 11am.
- The rooms are small but you know that before you arrive. This didn’t bother me. We had a Queen room, it was quiet, scrupulously clean, modern and light. Amenities were plentiful – radio, phone sockets for charging, safe, tv, toiletries, crisp white bedlinen, coat hangers, desk and chair, bedside lights, phone, mirror, plastic cups, notepaper and pencil, blinds, aircon/heating control, under bed storage….what more do you want.
I loved the Hive vibe and if I find myself in DC again that’s definitely where I’ll be headed.