Two days and two nights is enough time to sample Sri Lanka’s capital city. A taxi on the expressway will get you in and out of the city quickly and a tuk tuk will take you around the city hotspots if there isn’t enough time to walk. Here are six things to keep you busy.
- Take a walk round the busy neighbourhood of Pettah and buys some souvenirs. See the fabulous……
- Al Masjidh Al Jamiul Alfar mosque with its red and cream striped exterior.
- Not far away is the Floating village and from here you will get great views of the new lotus flower sky scraper building….not complete yet but stunning none the less.
- Wander the Old Dutch Hospital, buy classy gifts and people watch from one of the outside bars.
- Take a ride in a tuk tuk if you haven’t done this before.
- Walk along Galle Face Green and watch the waves crash onto the beach, sip a cocktail at the Galle Face Hotel as the sunsets over the Indian Ocean.