- Pretty market town with photogenic golden cottages.
- Alnwick Castle and Gardens.
- Ciccarelli ice cream
- Hulne Park the Duke of Northumberland’s estate, great for walking with three different marked trails and priory ruins to explore.
- Barter’s Books in the old railway station, a second hand book on every subject you can imagine, a working model railway a cafe, great place to relax on a rainy day.
- Cobbled market square with cafes and the lovely Taste of Northumbria where I had my first taste of Alnwick gin….to be recommended!
- Friendly people.
- Harry Hotspur sculpture, his family owned the land in London where Spurs football team’s ground is located.
I stayed at Greycroft Bed and Breakfast convenient to the town