It took a lot of research and then some both online and trailing round ‘real shops’ before The Grey Traveller found the perfect new suitcase. He who likes to think he is obeyed said ‘no zips’ – apparently because they break all too easily. So no zips was the top criteria but zips are clearly ‘in’ so does that make The Grey Traveller ‘out’. There appear to be very few good quality cases with locks but for fortunately Samsonite ticked the box and here is why I like my new suitcase.
- 4 wheels so easy to manoeuvre when crossing airport terminals with a heavy load.
- Silver so suits the Grey Traveller brand.
- 2 interior capsules which makes packing and using when travelling incredibly easy as you can pack one side for the first few days which avoids the constant packing, dismantling and the dishevelling of clothes. You can also keep clean separate from dirty.
- Sleek look
- Not many silver cases so easy to identify on a luggage carousel, in fact didn’t see any silver cases on recent flight to Singapore
- Easy to use locking system